Translate to your language
- Anxiety and Nutrition – Part 2: Are There Foods I Can Eat to Help My Anxiety?
- Anxiety and Nutrition – Part 1: Can I Help My Anxiety by Avoiding Certain Foods?
- Exciting Progress on the Insurance Front: Is Neurofeedback Covered by Insurance?
- ADHD and Diet: Nutritional Assessment for help with ADHD Symptoms
- ECT: ECT or Neurofeedback? Which is safer?
Articles – By Subject
ADHD Treatment for Children
Typically, the signs and symptoms for children with ADHD appear by the age of seven. Sometimes, however, it is a challenge to determine what is normal developmental behavior and what is ADHD. Diagnosis is a critical first step in ADHD Treatment for Children.
If only occasional symptoms appear, or if the symptoms are noticed in only some situations, it’s probably not ADHD. Children with ADHD reveal the symptoms across the board, in most or all situations – at home, at school, and at play. This disorder is a brain function issue; therefore, children with ADHD have little control over the inattentive or hyperactive behavior.
According to a 2010 study by the CDC, the morbidity of children with ADHD is as follows:
- Number of children 3-17 years of age ever diagnosed with ADHD: 5.2 million
- Percent of children 3-17 years of age ever diagnosed with ADHD: 8.4%
- Percent of boys 3-17 years of age ever diagnosed with ADHD: 11.2%
- Percent of girls 3-17 years of age ever diagnosed with ADHD 5.5%
Dallas Brain Changers Can Help!
Dallas Brain Changers takes an integrated approach toward ADHD treatment for Children that includes neurofeedback and counseling (NO MEDICATIONS). Through neurofeedback, we are able to retrain the brainwaves to perform within the norm, or typical, for healthy brain function. In this way, we are able to reduce or eliminate physiological symptoms without medication! Counseling sessions are geared toward addressing unhealthy thought and behavior patterns that have developed as a result of ADHD, while setting goals for school and home that reflect healthier choices toward success in all settings.
Call us today to begin the path toward increased health and healing! We are waiting for your call!
Talk to a professional today! 214-997-4990
CHANGING BRAINS. CHANGING LIVES.
Dr. Stephanie Golder, MA, ThD, Stephen Minister, Hemispheric Life Coach
Mindy Fritz, MS, LCDC, BCN